[OSList] Conditions for Effective Organizational Change

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 5 02:23:49 PDT 2019

 Dear Jake,
 I apologize for the delay.
And thank you for posting this article by Meg Wheatley which is wonderful. In fact, I already ordered the book that this text is an excerpt ...
Many years ago I remember a conversation on this list (when she was much more active, with dozens of posts a day) in which someone - I think HO, but I'm not sure - said that in the future no one would talk about OST, because Open Space would have become the normal way to hold meetings.
I remembered that about your comments. Many of us are (or have been) linked to the "Organization Transformation" (not "Organization Devellopment") movement.
Meg talks about how to make real transformations, in an organic way, rather than frustrating changes to a "machine-like organization".
Talking about OST or not, that is, in my modest opinion, my friend, the essence of OST.
QED.
Best wishes to all and hope that many of the former contributors will return and a generation of young leaders will appear and continue with this community.
Artur