[OSList] Thank you to Koos and Harrison for feedback on successful person quote and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH

Mark Carmel markacarmel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 15:27:35 PST 2019

Harrison,
Thanks! Mountains, plains, and all in between. Let's meet up with my new
friend Koos over martinis on your next birthdays, when a global OST
birthday party should be held...if I was in charge...lol.

Koos, I do sincerely appreciate your feedback.  Your points are very well
taken and I apologize if I offended the author or the subscriber to the
quote.  I loved the ethic of the quote, just take note of the era we live
in that makes it hugely popular to disparage successful people as well as
authority in general.  That triggered my email.  It is successful people in
positions of power that have the authority to encourage or discourage Open
Space to be administered in organizations they control.  So we do need to
be most respectful of people in positions of power if we seek to influence
them, to not only Open Space in the first place, but to enable and sustain
implementation within the workplace, the innovations, ideas, and objectives
that flow from Open Space interventions.  Easier said than done with more
hidden agendas in the ivory towers than ever before... As you say Koos,
respect really is the only way...

And Finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HARRISON AND KOOS!   Many more!!  Koos, now
that I know you were born on the same day as SAINT HARRISON OWEN HIMSELF, I
must say it is an honor to know you.  Thanks for the schooling.

MC