[OSList] Quotes about Politics...

Mark Carmel markacarmel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 17:04:47 PST 2019

*The problem with political jokes is they get elected.   ~Henry Cate, VII~*

*We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office.  ~Aesop~*

*If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the Union
speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.   ~Will Rogers~*

*Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev~*

*When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow~*

*Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your
opponents will do it for you. ~Author unknown~*

*Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the
tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton~*

*Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign
funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.  ~Oscar
Ameringer~*

*I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I
will stop telling the truth about them.  ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech,
1952~*

*A politician is a fellow who will lay down YOUR life for his country.  ~
Tex Guinan~*

*I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be
left to the politicians.  ~Charles de Gaulle~*

*Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to
change the locks. ~Doug Larson~*

*There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on
Congressmen. ~Will Rogers~*

*If you want a real friend that you can trust in Washington, get a
dog. -*  *Harry
Truman -*

*Peace to my fellow Peace Makers,*

*MC*