[OSList] a substantial difference

Anna Caroline Türk via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Aug 17 08:17:32 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I am happy to share a story to the participation-engagement conversation, because it shows the dynamic & ongoing learning effects of working with/being in /playing with … OST.

It’s an international Start-Up, where the average age of the 300 employees is 32.
Last year they decided to have an Open Space in addition to the annual party - where everybody gathers from the different global offices.
It was a bit short notice, so all we did was deciding on the design, theme and logistics. There was one short prep meeting with 12 employees and they confirmed the theme that was found by the organizing team in advance. So the engagement was little even though the participation was good.
We had a 1,5 days OST with massive participation in the agenda creation. We had 75 sessions.
In the final action planning phase nobody raised any actions. That’s why the sponsor decided to cancel the follow up meeting.

This year when we met again to plan the OST. We started earlier and they asked for a design that ensures more take-aways.
So I supported them to ensure more engagement before the OST. We had a prep meeting where the participants found the theme collaboratively.
In their weekly demo session I had a 6 minutes slot where I was invited to speak about the transformational power of OST. I used the story of the butterfly and few inside jokes from last year, that made this little demo quite fun (is laughter & heart-to-heart-connection a type of engagement? Don’t know.).

At this years Ost we 75 Sessions and 12 Actions raised in the action planning. Now the leaders of the company are eager to bring people to the follow up meeting.
They are already deciding on the dates for next years OST and considering to have a 3 day OST.

Engagement creates learning on all ends - leaders, employees and the whole company is learning to work with OST. What started as a party transformed into a Summer Camp where everybody has time to participate and play, and getting to know each other, while at this years OST the people where more engaged in the future of the business. Next year they will start to fly with OST. Working with OST is a dynamic evolutions of Ownership, Leadership, Maturity and Wisdom for the whole company and each person involved.

much Love from Berlin
Anna Caroline

Anna Caroline Türk
New Leadership Creator
+49 (0)176 248 722 54 <tel:+49 (0)176 248 722 54> // TruthCircles.com <http://truthcircles.com/>
 <http://www.facebook.com/truthcircles/>  <http://de.linkedin.com/in/annacarolinetuerk>

OPEN SPACE TRAINING, 7.- 9. September, Netherlands
More Information here <http://truthcircles.com/open-space-training/>