[OSList] Lurker game

AoH Kenya via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Jan 6 02:28:41 PST 2015

Hello everybody,

I am new to this list (applied in October) and fairly new using OS for
facilitation - I am definitely a chick among you ;-)
Hence so far I was only lurking… feel I have nothing to contribute but to
listen/read and learn (if my inbox is not full with other urgent things).

I liked the comment from Paul Levy and Michael Hermann to this OSList game
and would like to reply to the questions from Michael.

1. when did you first hear about os or ost?

2009 at an Art of Hosting training

2. what was the hook?  how did you notice it might have value?

I love the simplicity and the self-organisation. As well as the “honesty”
how OS works because the first time as caller I had first non and at the
end one participant - it she was the right person for me.
Further OS fits to my spiritual and business values in life.

3. when did you notice that you'd started letting it inform how you live?

During an OS training I realised that this is exactly the method I love to
use and personally need more because I learn more and more how to let go
and trust the process of the team. The principles are perfect guidelines in
every gathering too!

4. what has happened since then?  what difference does it seem to make?

…listening, observing, waiting. Everything needs its time. If I pull on the
grass it will not grow faster ;-)

Regarding readability in this OSList:
Is there the technical possibility if someone replies to an email (that was
already a reply to one or more other emails) to hid the original email(s)?
A kind of drop down menu that I can open optional the emails below to which
it is referring?
I would feel that this would make it easier to read it. Otherwise I get
lost when I scroll down… and usually never get until the end because it is
so long.

Best wishes & warm regards from Kenya,
Judith

NB: sorry for the late response but first I faced technical problems and
than I was on holidays

*Art of Hosting Kenya*
Bikundo Onyari & Judith Stemerdink-Herret

Phone: Bikundo +254 721 339 389
            Judith +254 788 516 866
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/660375360688912/
www.artofhosting.org <http://www.artofhosting.org/home/>

*"If the branch is to flower, it must honour its roots."*
 African Proverb