[OSList] [SPAM] - Re: Trust

Skye Hirst skyeh at autognomics.org
Sun Feb 2 11:43:47 PST 2014

So what is it we "feel"  when we feel trust?   How do we know it?  I
suggest that its a whole constellations of variables unique to each being.
To feel/know trust,  such constellations converge like a whole set of
experiences we've had being ourselves, within various contexts,  where we
come to trust ourselves to handle whatever happens (history of our acts,
inner and outer) and what shows up as a side effect is that others sense
it,  recall that feeling in themselves, and in some way the "trust field"
expands, becomes awake in that relating way.

Using Barrett's value ideas,  it would be the result of a "data gathering"
of all that we are in the moment, DNA history as well as our history of
acts and the intersection of my world-view with your world-view.
That said, I suspect everyone will use or relate to trust uniquely, and i
suspect there is a value energy field of trust, cosmic or universal,
imprinted somewhere/somehow,  that we all know this feeling when we
experience it,  not always knowing how we got there,  or what caused us to
know or recognize it when we do.

But nevertheless,  we feel the pull to it,  as a necessary need for
survival, existence to act in concert with self-evident unalienable rights
of life.

When I listen to stories about those who have facilitated/mediated/
whatever you call it,  peace treaties, I learn that those folks who were
trusted,  and ultimately brought success (G. Mitchell in Ireland)  "held
the space open"  for all possibilities, had no desire to impose a solution
he wanted or what he thought needed to happen except to keep remembering
the higher goal everyone wanted, to stop the pain, suffering. i.e, that he
did not bring an "ego, will,  desire to control"  into the situation.

So yes, Paul, one cannot will to not be controlling,  and perhaps that's
what learning about trust is for some, a  self-knowing,  feeling the  way
to understanding there is no need or will to control and a sense of
allowing the wave riding flow, whatever form life takes.

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM, paul levy <paul at cats3000.net> wrote:

> The danger here Is too fall down the trapdoor that lies just outside the
> Gates of Heaven.
>
> That danger is to try to ensure the absence of control by trying to
> control that absence.
>
> Hi
>
> Paul
>

> On Sunday, 2 February 2014, Harrison Owen wrote:
>
>> David - "Could you say more about "the mere search for control being the
>> total antithesis of trust." Sure. Nothing complicated or esoteric. If you
>> walk into a group of people with the notion that you need to, or have to,
>> control what is going on - that would be a pretty clear indication to me
>> that you didn't trust the people to do what was needed if left to their own
>> devices.
>>

>> ho
>>

>> Harrison Owen
>>
>> 7808 River Falls Dr.
>>
>> Potomac, MD 20854
>>
>> USA
>>

>> 189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)
>>
>> Camden, Maine 04843
>>

>> Phone 301-365-2093
>>
>> (summer)  207-763-3261
>>

>> www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com%20>
>>
>> www.ho-image.com <http://www.ho-image.com%20> (Personal Website)
>>
>> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>> OSLIST Go to:

*Skye Hirst, PhD*
President - The Autognomics Institute
*Conversations in the Ways of Life-itself*
www.autognomics.org
@autognomics

New Phone Number:
207-593-8074