[OSList] Summer research project idea: 'self organisation'

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Dec 1 06:54:00 PST 2014

Julie – I rather suspect that self organization covers a much larger territory than the more limited range of preferred outcomes we might choose. Gangs and Cancer would be cases in point. What you call a gang, I might call “brothers.” And were you to interview a cancer cell, I suspect it would report that it was doing just what it was supposed to. Both gangs and cancer are very much a part of what we call “Life,” even if that Life does not proceed exactly as we might wish it to. And it is all self organizing, I do believe.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854