[OSList] Peggy plus OST Linkedin Comment

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 06:43:23 PDT 2012

My contribution to
this discussion that Harold mentioned was a comment in Paul Levy's blog saying:

Artur Silva October 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I would like to see this comments posted to (and debated at) the OSLIST –
the larger circle which WOSonOS is a part of – Artur

I would like to have the time right now to participate in this discussion, but I
will have to postpone that, as going to London has obliged me to delay some
professional duties that now must have first priority - they constitute the
major wave that I must take care of and ride right now.

And English is neither my first language, nor even my second, nor the third - it
is the fourth indeed :-(

Writing or speaking in English is not part of my
nature and I have to oblige me to do so.

Anyhow I am in agreement with what Harold mentioned in relation to the London's
gathering.

But I expect that some major errors in the spelling of non-English
participants names in the summaries of some sessions will be corrected in
the final version of the proceedings of WOSonOS and session contributions by non-English
speakers will be fully included, especially when the convener was a native of
English. I call the organizers attention for that. See, for instance, that in
the session "Using OS in Academia" the majority of the names of non-English
participants are incorrectly spelled, and, as a participant in that session, I
can't see any mention to the content of my participation... Maybe Tova will be
so kind to correct that…

WOSonOS as a universal multi-language gathering (and the consequences that
this must have to native English speakers) is something I would like to discuss
later.

After I have been to (W)OSonOS in Berlin, in 2000, I questioned why the -
then official - Open Space web page (http://www.openspaceworld.org/) was only
written in English and (with the support of Mickael Herman) I have contributed to it becoming a multilingual
site.

I would like to profound that discussion and ask what a truly respect for non-English natives
from the part of English natives must be in WOSonOs presencial sessions...

More on that latter, when I have the time…

Anyhow, Phelim, congratulations for your supperb opening and holding the
space. Maybe each OST facilitator should have some training as an actor of improvisational theater ;-)

Regards

Artur