[OSList] WOSonOS Thanks all the way from Devon | Some thoughts

Oriana Ascanio oriana at residentwriters.com
Sat Oct 20 17:44:55 PDT 2012

Phelim and Improbable,

I have just a few words but I felt moved to share them with you and the rest of the community. Although I am relatively new to Open Space - certainly it's purer form - I have been facilitating other techniques for a very long time (not that it matters!) and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you.

WOSonOS was a moving experience for me which I found refreshing, and intellectually and emotionally nourishing. I found I learned a lot about myself, life, passion, facilitation, others... and I also had an opportunity to reflect on how I feel about all those things. Thank you for this unique and enriching experience as a participant.

As a facilitator I also wanted to thank you for being the best you could be, which is also the most genuine you could be... to yourself and everyone else in the room. Staying true to oneself is by no means easy and sometimes is just plain hard to live with by everyone else's standard, yet it was both humbling and empowering to see you be this way, at least that is what it felt like to me from the other side of the circle. Thank you.

Oriana