[OSList] Half-day Open Space?

ELEDER AURTENETXE PILDAIN eleder.aurtenetxe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:28:43 PDT 2011

Hi Gray, my experience is as follows: someone approaches asking for OS as
they have seen me do other OS and they liked it, and they witnessed the
closing circle some time...
They want to do a participation stuff and think about OS because of this.
They usually have just some hours (lately we did some one-days, half-days
and even one 90-minutes).
I explain them ...

   - what ideal conditions for OS are
   - that at least one-day would be needed for a good airing of a subject,
   but that we can try and have them see what the potential could be
   - that I just know doing OS and believe it´s the best way, even for a
   shorter meeting
   - what results would be like (auto-organization, passions made public,
   good conversation, responsibility -or lack of and insight about it-, the
   briefing of the convs, maybe action proposals,... the spirit and
   discovering, maybe, that there is a  better way to live & work). Not few for
   some hours, is it?

then I let them decide. I am as frank as I can and avoid getting attached to
a desire of doing OS. In fact OS is all the time happening and one can put
oneself out of the way and do a bit less work... :-)!

As Barry O. one day made me see, it always works.

I take half-days and so as something for newcomers to have a taste of OS,
and expalin it in advance. That´s why I prefer two shorter sessions than
just one long.

Action ideas: before closing it could be interesting a call for action as
follows: distribute a sheet and ask people: "after the conversations, is
there something calling for action inside you?": write some words on it and
your name, state it, put it in the center and we will redistribute it with
the reports. I wonder whether this would be useful or just one more thing
not to do... any views on it?

lolll from gray-sunny-rainy Bilbao,

 * Eleder BuM31    Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Creativity*
www.burumapak.blogspot.com (eus)   @Eleder_BuM<http://twitter.com/Eleder_BuM>
(Twitter)
www.in-fluyendo.blogspot.com (esp)   www.flowandshow.blogspot.com