[OSList] Half-day Open Space?

Kathleen Osta kathleen at vitalclarity.com
Mon Jul 18 13:29:16 PDT 2011

Hi Gray,

Most of my OS experience is with shorter ones like yours. It can work
just fine. With coaching from experienced OS folks, I've learned to
experiment with 45 minute sessions where the last 15 minutes is
focused on any actions that might want to be taken; or a variation is
a 60 minute session with the last 15 for an actions conversation. (And
the bottom of the notes page has 3 columns labeled "Action" "Who" "By
When" in case there's enough juice to keep going with it.

Just like others have said, it depends on what the client wants from
it. You can always do 2 (1.5 hour) sessions, too.  I lean toward at
least 3 sessions with more topics so the group can see what the range
of interest is.

The short window can actually be pretty energizing.

Go for it!

Kathleen