Interesting article about Wikipedia

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri Mar 9 10:34:18 PST 2007

I cam across this article today:

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cs/pdf/0702/0702140.pdf

It is a statistical analysis of Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.com>,
looking at whether one can acheive high levels of quality in a complex and
chaotic system.  The conclusion is that wikipedia is demonstrating that it
is a successful collaborative effort, and that the more hands you have in
something, the better the chances of moving towards quality.

What this tells me is that a few simple rules to bring visibility to ideas
and projects help direct attention in a collaborative way and produce
resiliant results.  Using complex and chaotic systems are an deffective way
of doing that.  Sounds familiar, eh?  What can we learn about control from
wikipedia?

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN