The Question(s)

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sat May 28 18:06:28 PDT 2005

Masud -- the word "manipulative" is a curious one. In the circles that you and I usually move in -- it is a "bad word." But if I go to a chiropractor or a therapeutic massage person -- and am not "manipulated" I should be very unhappy. I think the significant issue is  not to manipulate or not to manipulate -- but rather to what end and to what purpose. Hopefully, my ends and purposes are in line with the client. If not, they should fire me. If so, I expect to be fully compensated. But manipulaton comes with the territory, I think.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD  20854