Glossary and definition of OST terms

Michaël-SYSt michael at syst.nl
Thu Jun 3 03:52:49 PDT 2004

Hi Lisa,

Nice project!

I would like to help on the Dutch part.

Is this glossary long?

Greetings,

________________________

Michaël Molenaar

Systemisch Consult

Tilburg - Holland

michael at syst.nl

Website: www.syst.nl

GSM 0031 (0)6-51561095
________________________

  _____

Van: OSLIST [mailto:OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU] Namens Lisa Heft
Verzonden: donderdag 3 juni 2004 5:00
Aan: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Onderwerp: [OSLIST] Glossary and definition of OST terms

Hello, dear colleagues –

As some of you know, I have been building a glossary of OST terms for which
I have written definitions.  I have worked with some of you to help
translate these terms into other languages so that people can have a source
point for many languages.  All communities have their common vocabulary
which is not always clear to people new to the field and the community - I
hope that this growing document I’m working on can be of service to those
reading the OST books, learning about, and using Open Space in different
languages.  When I get a first set of languages done I can post it on my
website for all to share and I can keep adding languages as new people come
to help and expand it.

Okay so I had to stop for awhile but I’m starting it up again and I would
like to ask for your help.

I already have had help and therefore have translations in these languages,
with the help of these great people (and a few others who recommended
adjustments):

English – Lisa Heft (big surprise)

Portuguese – Artur Silva

German – Michael Pannwitz and Bernd Weber

Serbian – Dragana Tomic

Spanish – Jaime Pedreros

Swedish – Thomas Herrmann

* * *  Would anyone out there like to add another language?  I can send you
a vocabulary worksheet to begin – just let us know online here on OSLIST so
others will know that language is taken and I will send you a worksheet
directly
 * * *

Above are the languages which use the same alphabet (basically) as English –
the following are translations I will be making available as well if
possible through pdf links or some other process:

Russian – Elena Marchuk

Arabic – Carol Daniel Kasbari

Hebrew – Tova Averbuch

So if you wish to add a language that does not have characters like we use
in English, let’s try it – I am sure there is a way and my wonderful friend
Guillermo who has been building my website is going to make it happen.

Thank you to all who have been helping and are about to help

[For you generous folks already listed above I will contact you in awhile to
double-check some of the words – there may have been a few more added since
you helped me and I would also like you to check things before I post to
ensure there have been no formatting errors between the processes]

Warmly,

Lisa

________________________________

L i s a   H e f t