Question about "top manager"

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Fri Jan 17 06:54:47 PST 2003

Ulrika,

On several occasions, the ³late CEO² thing has occurred in events I¹ve
facilitated.

I like to brief him/her in advance about what the participants have been
experiencing, in general terms, before s/he arrives.  I suggest that s/he
simply blend right in.  There are often latecomers and I¹ve found the best
way to handle them, CEO¹s or not, is to ask any participant to show the new
person the ropes (and then I walk away).

As to remarks and such, I think that¹s what the closing circle is for.

As much as you can, try not to treat the boss differently from everyone
else.

Ralph Copleman