OS with children: What are the unstated assumptions and aims of OS?

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Oct 21 19:08:05 PDT 2002

Hi Harrison and Michael,

you gave me great quesstions to think about. and to try to understand myself, when I 'a sort of canceled' working with OS and moved to 'trainings',
though do feel a question inside: was I just too unpatient?

should I just leave everything like it was and gather children asking 'morning news' on the next day?

well, let me explain, a test it was just a joke, that 10 people worked when other was having party, may be I should not mention it , but I did.
10 people worked up to the end and came to the closing session. that's it.

I was not waiting for the results, but still on such meetings children are supposed to learn something. yes, some experienced people said OS is a great method, but in a thought what shall we do tomorrow, we decided that may be it is good to teach them to work with the projects, as there were no mentioning of them in answering questions: how to do our work in Rotaract interesting, effective and how to envolve new members...and so on.

as a facilitator of OS I just finished my work with the closing session

but still have some concerns

best wishes and

your oppinions are appreciated

elena