OS with children: What are the unstated assumptions and aims of OS?

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Oct 21 19:35:51 PDT 2002

yes, Joelle, you got me!

but I feel guilty that I did not believe that working further in OS we could
come to the same results... again, not that I'm much oriented on them and I
don't push people ever in facilitating OS, but if children 'don't know' how
to do things and making projects could be a sort of effective work, team
building, interesting life, they finished with very interesting and usefull
discussions for them and some said : I thought it is a problem but we solve
it in 15 minutes, so probably I'm too severe in evaluating the process but
it seemed to me like going nowhere, though great discussions... and not
because it was the fault of OS or children, but lack of experience of them -
they were mostly newcomers, while experienced... were busy

thank you for puting this in a way I tried to explain.

may be there are some other thoughts after my second try.

let me check the reports and give you more proper explaining of my concerns
after leting you know what is there, OK?

best wishes

elena