FW: FW: Transfer in Process

Michelle mcooper at integralvisions.com
Thu Jun 20 08:51:57 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Harrison Owen [mailto:owenhh at mindspring.com]
Sent: 19-Jun-02 17:15
To: mcooper at INTEGRALVISIONS.COM
Subject: Re: FW: Transfer in Process

At 09:24 AM 6/19/2002 -0400, Meg Salter wrote:

  I wonder if other people here on the listserve could comment on what they
do
  for "transfer-in" type processes - exercises that engage the whole person
  themselves, to each other and to the topic at hand.  This would likely be
at
  the beginning of facilitation processes other than OST. I recall Peggy
  mentioning that she often asked people at the beginning of an OST to
  silently reflect on what brought them there, then to share with another.
  Somtimes people are asked to sit quietly for a moment's silent meditation/
  body scan. I personally was at a 5-day facilitator training course some
  year's ago where the transfer in process took 1 1/2 days, no physical
  objects are used - and the course ended up being totally amazingly deep. I
  would be interested in sharing ideas here, as I think that it allows
  everyone in the room to "tune in" (a la tuning fork image) to different
  frequency than they otherwise would.

I find that the long/slow walk/look around the circle is profound. And if
flows very naturally into the opening. My one concern with "things up front"
is that it delays the time that folks actually get into the job.

Harrison

  Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA