[OSList] doubt about how to begin OS

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Sat Jul 10 08:23:29 PDT 2021

Yes. I walk the circle. I greet people, look at them, talk about their
invitation and encourage them that this is the time they have wanted to
talk about thi BC s important to them. Then I very simply explain the
instructions and invite them to make their agenda. And then I walk out and
let them get to work.

Trust the people. If the issue is important for them they will make the
conversations they need to have.

Chris.

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 3:37 AM arantxa hergueta bravo via OSList <

> Hi to you all!
>
> May name is Arantxa. I´m new here, and I´m new in Open Space too. In a few
> days I will facilitate my first OS and to do so I´ve been doing some
> reading and talking with a friend, who knows very well the whole process.
>
> I´ve got a bunch of doubts, but want to share one specially with you. If
> someone wants to share her/his experience or ideas It´ll be terrific. I´ll
> try to explain it. It´s been years that I don´t write in English,
> so…lets´see!
>
> My friend has told me, once the “event” promoter has made a presentation,
> he comes from outside the participants circle, invites everybody to
> breathe, look each other and so, and, then, he comes into the circle and
> walks inside it (walks the circle) looking to each of the participants in
> order to greet them. My questions: How do you do it? How do you begin? Do
> you “walk the circle”? Why? How does it make you feel?
>
> And that´s all for now.
>
> Thank you very much!!!
>
> And have a beautiful day!

> de virus. www.avast.com
> <#m_4151116120732287643_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> Past archives can be viewed here:

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design - Strategy
Complexity - Art of Hosting
http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Grateful to live on Nex̱wlélex̱wm (Bowen Island), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh territory,