[OSList] doubt about how to begin OS

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Sat Jul 10 10:08:18 PDT 2021

Arantxa,

Like my long time friends, Chris and Michael, and as Harrison first suggested, I, too, walk the circle. And have been since 1996. I don’t have much to add to what Chris and Michael have already said, but I’m writing, so I guess I have something to say. :-)

I slowly walk the circle speaking as I do. Just once around before I stop on the rim. After that, I move occasionally if I my intuition tells me to do so.

I notice as I walk that the energy of the space changes. It is as if the connections among us become clearer to all. Harrison called it the shaman’s walk. He said is done at the pace of your heartbeat. Slow and steady, about 60 beats per minute, I seem to recall.

I often think of Open Space as the exquisite mix of yin and yang, masculine and feminine. Walking the circle evokes the yin energy of relationship. Speaking the question/theme calls in the directional energy of yang. Together they move us towards each other and into our creative potential.

Welcome to the journey!

Best of success to you,
Peggy

________________________________