[OSList] Warm Data Labs - Nora Bateson

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:41:00 PDT 2020

Hi Robyn. I experienced one WDL and reflected on it with some other OS
practitioners.

One late night attempt to compare designs might be: it's kind of like a
world cafe with a broad theme and breakout tables; but the topics at each
table are prechosen as distinct contexts to inquire into, regarding the
larger theme; there are no designated table or topic hosts; and the OS law
of mobility is in effect, so the small groups shift in size regularly as
people move and converse.

My early OS experiences allowed me to focus on the journey of learning that
I was able to enjoy in the space, because these meetings were not focused
on outcomes for an organization. So we all shared our learnings from our
journeys into the closing circle. I found that the WDL had a similar
quality to this.

Jeff
Telegraph Hill, San Francisco

On Thu, May 28, 2020, 11:52 PM Robyn Williams ► via OSList <