[OSList] Recording Open Space notes from phone or tablet

Ilan Kirschenbaum ilan at practical-agile.com
Mon Jan 6 08:21:08 PST 2020

Hi OSLISTers,

Happy to join here, happy to find new friends as well as familiar names
from the agile scene :-)
I am also a student on Tova Averbuch's program (joining the recent spike in
posts 😊)

I am toying with the idea of having a simple Google form that will
auto-generate an Open Space summary to a Google Doc.
The idea is to enable participants to record notes close to their session
when information is fresh, using ubiquitous technology.

I would like to probe your brains on this idea:
1. Have you had experience with a similar tool? What should I be careful of
when implementing such a tool?
e.g Is there a good reason *not* to use Google Docs?

2. The implementation works best with a G-suite account, which enables the
use of Google Docs Templates (not available on a free gmail account).
Do you see this as a problem?
My concern is that G-suite requires a special paid account - do you think
this will be an obstacle?

3. In my silly question category:
I am preparing a guide to use G-suite + Zappier for this.
>From you experience, will a typical OST organizer have access to people
with skills to follow a procedure with some techy requirements?

4. I am holding back on a zap to automatically prepare the OST book with
table of contents, etc.
My hunch tells me that it is better to manually review the summaries before
binding them, and anyway, not all participants will use this automated
option. I wish to avoid making the impression that once implemented this
option is a requirement.
Any thoughts on this?

5. Finally, what other aspects should I think of to make such a tool more
useful for OST-ers?

Many thanks,
Ilan

--
Ilan Kirschenbaum - Co-Founder & Agile coach At Practical Agile LTD.
Twitter: @kirschi_

<http://www.practical-agile.com>
<http://practical-agile.com>