[OSList] How do you "hold space?"

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Thu Feb 13 16:38:28 PST 2020

A participant once asked me what I was doing before/as I stepped into the
opening circle, Jake. I asked what if looked like. She said, like you were
being space. Best ppt compliment I ever had. Also the week after two weeks
in a Tibetan monastery, so maybe I was too if my game.

If you want, you can practice with another being what happen when you
describe the falling away. Sit facing each other, or back to back is good
too. Let your awareness include everything that tells you that you are, all
and any sensation. Then let awareness notice that the being infrint if you
is, too.  Let the other be as real to you as you are to yourself.
Move/pulse attention back and forth until you are aware of both being at
once. Won’t matter if they do this or not, as long as they’re not
distracting you. Notice what happens. Notice the quality of space. Shared.
Notice what it feels like and then google the four immeasurables. And then
notice that we can do this anytime with groups, of just in the train home
at night. Open space is everywhere at once. <grin>

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 16:54 Jake Yeager via OSList <

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
312-280-7838 (mobile)

MichaelHerman.com