[OSList] From Open Space to objectives and key results (OKRs)?

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Sat Feb 8 19:40:32 PST 2020

Missed this earlier, Jake.  Sometimes review starts at the end of the last
session and gives last conveners a little extra time to write their notes
up.  Sometimes, in one-day sessions, I've used the gallery approach that
mmp invented years ago.  Give each breakout space flipchart paper, but give
each convener a single sheet of posterboard to digest their info from flips
to the poster board.  Easier to understand, easier to photo.  Put them all
on the same wall, easier to read as a large group.  With a day and a half,
I'd build the gallery time into the breakfast time.  Read and eat and be
ready to go at X time.  If the diverging was finished on day one and day
two is about converging again, then there's no need for morning news.  The
news is:  we have a new challenge/task to do together.  But no matter how
you slice it, if you want them to DO something with the data on the wall,
they'll need a little bit of time to look it over.  Also, the usual
invitation is to pay special attention to the sessions they missed, rather
than those they attended.  Putting names of conveners and participants on
these notes encourages conversations, questions, clarifications, etc.  MH

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

MichaelHerman.com
OpenSpaceWorld.org

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 4:28 PM Jake Yeager via OSList <