[OSList] Why CERTIFICATION makes sense considering this conversation on Mission, Vision Strategy Plans, etc.

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 02:56:00 PDT 2019

Dear Alan,

meditate?
Ok, I ain't trained.
Missed it.
Is it too late?

Looking at meditation in wikipedia it tells me:

"Meditation may be used with the aim of reducing stress, anxiety,
depression, and pain, and increasing peace, perception,[7] self-concept,
and well-being.[8][9][10][11] Meditation is under research to define its
possible health (psychological, neurological, and cardiovascular) and
other effects."

Shocked myself with the section "criticism":

"The psychologist Thomas Joiner argues that modern mindfulness
meditation has been "corrupted" for commercial gain by self-help
celebrities, and suggests that it encourages unhealthy narcissistic and
self-obsessed mindsets."

Hope you you all enjoy a lovely Sunday.
mmp

Am 17.08.2019 um 11:08 schrieb Alan Halford via OSList:
> I have a vague and distant memory of seeing/hearing HO saying or being
> quoted “ The only training you need for OST is  to meditate”
> Not sure whether I imagined  it, but it was a decisive reason for me to
> delve into the world of OST
> AND it’s still
> “Issue the invitation, sit in a circle, create an agenda and get to work”
> WHOO HOO
> Alan
> *Alan Halford & Associates*
> *Open Space Technology Aficionados
> Mediation and Conflict Transformation*
> *Facilitators
> **
> www.alanhalford.com.au <http://www.alanhalford.com.au>*
> *www.conflictcompany.com.au <http://www.conflictcompany.com.au>
> 0421 475 252
> skype: alanhalford*
>

> On 17 Aug 2019, at 4:59 pm, R Chaffe via OSList
> <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org <mailto:oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>>
> wrote:
>
> So does teaching!
>
> Regards
> Rob
>
> On 17 Aug 2019, at 4:47 pm, paul levy via OSList
> <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org <mailto:oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd never certify OST. Only takes one minute to explain, or one second
>> to discover.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Paul Levy
>>
>> Paul Levy
>> Writer, facilitator, conversifier and collusion breaker

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 487 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 142 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation