[OSList] OS success stories in a business/corporate/startup environment

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:14:55 PST 2018

Dear Inga,

good news!

Newspapers have reported on OST gatherings, Harrison has often mentioned
a particular piece in the New York Times.
Here is a link to a Wikiversity entry
> https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology

Even though the announcement of the wikiversity contains a reference to
the New York article
((08.08.2018 - Open Space Technology (OST) is an approach for hosting
meetings, .... The story was picked up by the New York Times (need date,
c. 1985) ...))
I could not spot any of that in the entry itself. Harrison will know the
source.

The best source for stories from all over the planet are collected in
"Tales from Open Space"... one of the stories is an account of the first
OST event in Europe that the Accor Group organized in Paris in 1992
(Eur-Open Space I, page 63). Some 175 participants gathered from all
over (at that time Accor had 150 000 employees)... this happened just
around the time when Accor and Waggons Lits became one company with
hugely varying cultures.
After the 1992 event Accor incorporated OST in their annual "conference".
The other event mentioned in "Tales", Eur-Open Space II, page 125
reports on an event in Oxford two years later, in 1994... it was
facilitated by Roger Benson from Sweden.
"Tales" published by his outfit "Abbott Publishing" in 1995 has long
been out of print, but it can be found in Harrisons site
> http://openspaceworld.com/

und "Books"
here is the direct link
> http://openspaceworld.com/Tales.pdf

Its there for free.

Leafing through my copy I noticed that every story is a gem, all of them
could have happened this year, it is a grand introduction by the then
pioneers in OST.
(I also sent ccs to colleagues that are connected in different ways with
journalism... there are many more).

Good luck with your business journalist!

Greetings from Berlin where we just had a grand Stammtisch with folks
who attended the WOSonOS in Iceland... you would have loved it!

mmp
‎

Am 08.11.2018 um 10:06 schrieb Ingibjorg Gisladottir via OSList:
> Dear OS community
>
> I have been in communication with a business journalist who is
> interested in writing about OST meetings in a business section of a
> daily newspaper.  What are the potentials, expected results, success
> stories etc?
>
> I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to some specific success
> stories of what has been done in business/corporate/startup environment.
> Perhaps there is something to be found on the internet?  Or if you could
> give me some insight into specific examples.
>
> Hoping to spread the word in Iceland
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Ingibjörg (Inga)
>
> Ingibjörg Gísladóttir
> ingibjorg.gisladottir at gmail.com <mailto:ingibjorg.gisladottir at gmail.com>
> Reykjavík, Iceland

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000
mmpannwitz at gmail.com

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 469 resident Open
Space Workers in 76 countries working in a total of 145 countries worldwide
www.openspaceworldmap.org

At my publisher you find books and task cards on open space, most in
German, some in English, some as ebooks, some multilingual
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation