[OSList] Is there experience in developing Open Space further in organizations and networks after the initial intervention

R Chaffe rchaffe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 05:42:48 PDT 2018

Kari,
Continuing conversations are the essence of a adaptive, innovative and self organising organisation. The perturbation of an organisation or group by innovative processes like Open Space is a challenge for those involved, in particular those who gave permission for the event to take place as once the power of opening space is manifest decisions must be made. Will we continue, will we act on the new reality, etc.  I believe the original facilitator should have explored this with the persons who have permission so that there is no surprises about process and where it might lead including what might happen when the real potential of a group is realised or awakened.  People will find a way to continue and they will insist on process that is open.  As Harrison described the people will send out messages until the right time when the right people will gather with the right process and the process will continue.   All this despite what you might do as the genie is out of the bottle!

Regards
Rob