[OSList] fifth principle

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Sep 9 13:33:47 PDT 2017

Dear Open Space People,

Hopefully the timing for this question is not inappropriate given how
Nature is creating open space all over in rather forceful ways. But
maybe this would be a useful diversion from watching the path of Irma.

I've really enjoyed using the fifth principle and believe it is very
helpful especially helping people realize that they are not confined to
meeting and scheduling meetings in the allocated time slots, and to
extend the boundaries of Open Space where they belong - whenever, wherever!

I've only just seen that there are actually two phrasings. I've been
using Anna Caroline Türk's phrasing which I think fits the rest better.

*Wherever it happens is the right place.*

But the original email
(http://lists.openspacetech.org/htdig.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org/2011-May/489573.html)
from Harrison Owen phrases it:

*Wherever it is, is the right place.*

I'm thinking maybe there is deeper poetry in Harrison's phrasing and
that I will revert to that in the future. But I do love how Anna put it.

What do you all use for the fifth principle?

     Thank you and Warm Regards!
     Harold

On 12/17/11 10:16 AM, Anna Caroline Türk wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> this year we talked and shared our insights about the fifth principle:
> wherever it happens  – it is the right place. I like the 5th principle
> a lot!
> On the German List the topic just popped up again. That's why I feel
> inspired to share my gained insights with you all.
>
> My interpretation goes like this:
>
> Wherever it happens is the right place...
> it can be at this meeting today, it can be in your city, in your
> country, (on Tahir Square) ...
> or simply in your mind/brain/head and heart.
> be prepared to be surprised!
>
> wherever it happens is the right place!
>
> much Love
> Anna Caroline