[OSList] a special design (x-posted Genuine Contact-list)

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Dec 1 06:40:20 PST 2017

Dear friends in Open Space

I have an exciting and important opportunity coming up and would love to tap
into the wisdom here to have some more ideas. I have on extremely short
notice been invited to facilitate an evening meeting on Tuesday. Yesterday
we had a prep meeting where my sponsor understood that in order to start a
sustainable development process more space is needed. So we agreed on having
this 2,5 hours meeting then have 2 weeks in between and have another evening
meeting then (I guess it will be somewhere in the range 2,5-3,5 hours).

It is a very important topic, The issue at hand is to find housing solutions
to all the unaccompanied children that need housing quickly. Sweden received
35 000 unaccompanied children from mostly Afghanistan in 2015-16 – most of
them are still waiting for decision regarding asylum! Many of them turn 18
this year or are considered to be 18 by the Migration authorities. This
means the responsibility goes from the municipalities (where they have been
living in housing with lots of staff and well taken care of) to the National
Migration Office. In practice it means that they mostly have to move to
another part of our country, in big complexes with many adult asylum
seekers. To make a long story short, they desperately want to stay in
school, with their friends etc. Many private homes are opened to let them
stay and some other solution are in place, but far from enough solutions are
available now so more and more kids end up in the streets...

The calling question they identified yesterday is: How can we start a
process to find creative solutions for housing with new and old “performers”
(people/organizations who wish to contribute) in order to create the best
possibilities for these young people? They added that they wish to add more
resources than presently available.

So my questions are about

*	Do you have any similar experiences?
*	Do you have any ideas for the overall process?`
*	Design ideas more specifically

*	For the two physical meetings?
*	For the time in between?

The original facilitator is called to take part in organizating protests
against another deportation of young people to Afghanistan which will
unfortunately happen on Tuesday (I guess you know Afghanistan is not a nice
place to be sent as a young person without family or network, which is the
case for many of them).

The invitation has of course already been sent out and its not too bad, so
it’ll work whatever we come up with. They expect about 20-40 participants,
partly from the 17 organization who are behind this initiative (churches,
refugee-help-organizations, several political parties) and others are
invited to join.

The civil society stands up to solve an unbearable situation when the
municipality and the state are “blindfolded”. Many of the people have been
working with this for a looong time and getting worn out and desperate, just
as the kids.

I am happy and honored to contribute in this urgent situation and although
the circumstances are far from perfect, I’ll give my best.

With appreciation for any contributions

Thomas Herrmann

Open Space Consulting AB

Pensévägen 4, 434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden

Telefon: +46 (0)709 98 97 81

Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com

Homepage:  <http://www.openspaceconsulting.com/> www.openspaceconsulting.com

Profile on LinkedIn:
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasherrmannopenspaceconsult>
www.linkedin.com/in/thomasherrmannopenspaceconsult

Company page on Facebook:  <http://www.facebook.com/OpenSpaceConsulting>
www.facebook.com/OpenSpaceConsulting

Join our upcoming workshops in 2017 & 2018!

Co-creation is here to stay – time to sharpen your skills?

Medskapande är hör för att stanna – dags att vässa er förmåga?

2018
Jan 11-13: Organizational Health and Balance – Netherlands (50 min from
Amsterdam airport)

Apr 16-18: Learning to work with Whole Person Process Facilitation –
Netherlands (dito)

Apr 19-20: Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution – Netherlands (dito)

Aug 14-17: Individual Health and Balance – Sweden (preliminary)

Sept 12-14: Working with Open Space Technology – Netherlands (dito)

2019

Febr 12-15: Genuine Contact Organization - Netherlands

Apr 2-6: Genuine Contact Train the Trainer - Netherlands

More info: www.openspaceconsulting.com <http://www.openspaceconsulting.com/>
(Aktiviteter)