[OSList] What is the sweet spot for Online OS using video chat?

Lucas Cioffi via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 28 07:36:22 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I would be super-excited to hear how folks would design the simplest online
Open Space experience using video chat.

I posted my thoughts below, but I put them further down so that you might
have a moment to think about what online OS experience would work best for
you, rather than letting my thoughts influence yours.

My...

thoughts...

are...

down...

below...

Here are my rough thoughts:

1. When the event begins you open up a webpage.  You can see the following:

   - where the opening circle is
   - how many virtual breakout spaces there are
   - who is in each virtual space right now
   - what is being discussed now and in the future (a bulletin board /
   marketplace / idea wall)

2. Next you choose to enter a space by turning on your video chat.

*Note: The following features seem helpful but not necessary:*
3. When you arrive in a space, you see a shared notes area available to all
participants.

4. There is a way to raise your hand to indicate that you'd like to speak.

5. There is a way to share a quick message such as ("I have to step away
for a moment").

*Thanks so much for any advice.  I look forward to hearing what you have in
mind!*

Lucas Cioffi
Founder, QiqoChat
Charlottesville, VA