[OSList] What is the sweet spot for Online OS using video chat?

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 28 08:57:18 PDT 2016

Lucas – your comments as always are provocative. But maybe a bit too literal?

My thought is – replicating OS (as experienced by human beings in a physical room) is a worthwhile undertaking. The deeper task, I would think, is to open some new space that is available only online. Just as the “normal” (space/time) OST tends to blow people away – what is the cyber-equivalent?

I don’t have a clue of an answer. But I do remember “way back when” – sitting at my kitchen table with a TI Silent 700 plugged into a phone through acoustical couplings.  Suddenly “it” came alive and electronic beings from all over the planet for the most part (actually I am not really sure where they came from) populated my table, life, reality…. Space hadn’t opened. Space/time was transformed.

What can you do for me baby? I guess that is the question.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854