[OSList] Mid-night Musing

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 28 05:14:22 PDT 2016

Last night, for reasons best known to itself, Curtis Our Cat, set out to
defend the property. The battle started some time after midnight and
continued on all fronts 'til dawn. I think there were only two cats involved
(Curtis and friend) but the yowls circled the house. They (the yowls) would
reach a fever pitch and I would throw off the bed clothes and heave myself
outdoors. It was pitch black and chilling as Maine does at the end of
August. I screamed at the night and when the yowls ceased, I retired. I have
no memory how many time I followed this routine - but I do recall as the
dawn was breaking, a passing thought. If all the world is self organizing
with 13.7 billion years of prior experience, teaching all this seems a
little curious. Just about then a grey shadow passed my feet. strolled
through the door, heading for a snack. The tail was very straight. The pace
very measured - and I could only smile.

Somehow these thoughts were connected. I just know it, even if a little
foggy.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Dr.