[OSList] Moving through open space! - Inquiry/request

Andrea Chiou via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 15 10:42:38 PDT 2015

Hi Tricia,

As a faciiltator, you and others know that there is usually a stated
problem in (someone's) mind.  If one gets the problem written on a piece of
paper - and one asks the owner of that problem (which as written could be
invisible to everyone else if in a group, or shared) to place that problem
somewhere in the room or outside. Then to ask the person to place
themselves where they need to be.... Then the facilitator can ask 'clean
space' questions about the space between - One of the questions  is: and
what do you know about that from there? (the answers to those specific
questions might turn out to cause the person being facilitated to 'move' or
to place the problem in a different location, after which you would cycle
back to the questions anew)...  it is a fascinating methodology... using
the psychic space between...

I am a novice interested person - it is something that evolved from David
Grove's work in the therapeutic world - and is intensely interesting to
me.  He evolved it after years of working using Clean Language questions
with trauma patients - and it was also quite powerful. Unfortunately he
died rather suddenly in 2008. Also, he didn't write much - because he was
so busy trying to perfect what he was already so good at - by practicing.
He wasn't interested in writing much and left that to others who followed
him around...

The Power of Six, by Phillip Harland is quite the definitive introduction
to the technique.  We not only have embodied feelings, but we perceive
space in different ways as part of our thinking - though much is
unconscious.   This technique surfaces so much by acknowledging space as an
attribute....

Throwing this into the mix if anyone wants to explore or learn along those
lines...

Best,

Andrea

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Tricia Chirumbole via OSList <