[OSList] Moving through open space! - Inquiry/request

Allison & Jim Baensch via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Oct 26 03:46:48 PDT 2015

Hi Christine and all,

Your group of practitioners who meet around emergence sounds wonderful.
Both Eurythmy and Gerda Boyesen's work interest me too, though I have limited knowledge of them.

Thank you for your interest in my research, Christine. Here are a few words about it.

My 2009 PhD was 'nestled into' Open Space Technology and mainly explored the philosophical and practical links of Ortho-Bionomy with several other modalities (or methods):
"Ortho-Bionomy is a respectful way to attend to aspects of the body’s self-organising ability, also known as emergence. The work basically involves taking the body into positions of comfort, allowing time and space for the easing of pain and tension. In the research I have also explored two other modalities: Open Space Technology, designed by Harrison Owen (1994) for group meetings, and Process Work (sometimes known as Process Oriented Psychology), developed by Arnold Mindell and colleagues in Switzerland and USA (Mindell, 1982). Like Ortho-Bionomy (Kain and Berns, 1992), these two ways of working also provide time, space and structure for issues of concern to be resolved." (Baensch 2009)

I believe my thesis is available, free of charge, from: http://researchdirect.uws.edu.au/islandora/object/uws:8220 and although quite long, is written in a hopefully easily readable, conversational style.
Ortho-Bionomy has to do with working in the 'space between the notes' of our body (us).
Our bodies (we) are alive largely through our amazing ability to self-organise.
So the natural experience of Ortho-Bionomy (something we all do every moment) is likely to be familiar to people on this OSList.

I hope to be in contact with those who are available and interested in the open space, the body and movement in just over 9 hours from now!
(If that is the time for our group call.)
Allison.