[OSList] OPENSPACE AGILITY

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Jun 12 09:46:35 PDT 2015

HI Suzanne,

Recently I have come to understand that Open Space (big O, big S) is
really an "emergency procedure" for when the open space (small o, small
s) seems to be fading...this is completely consistent with what Harrison
says about those principle and the law and all, namely: "those
principles and that law are always operating, with or without those
posters."

...Consider the OST requirements:

 1. /Complexity/, in terms of the tasks to be done or outcomes achieved;
 2. /Diversity/, in terms of the people involved and/or needed to make
    any solution work;
 3. /Conflict, real or potential/, meaning people really care about the
    central issue or purpose; and
 4. /Urgency/, meaning that the time to act was "yesterday".

So lately, I've come to understand that we are executing an "emergency
procedure" to reopen what is now closing, yet used to be open...at least
for a little while.

I love this work.

Daniel

--