[OSList] I appreciate your feedback

agusj via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Jun 9 18:22:49 PDT 2015

Hello,

Here I am again, reporting what we finally did. Sorry for the delay, but I traveled for vacations the next day after the event.
Basedon the feedback I got, we made a one and a half day very normal OS and we decided to eliminate the World Cafe. Todesign the credit process, we divided the group  in 10 subgroups.  Each group had the task to design its version of the process.The instruction was that they could copy ideas of the other groups, askquestions, give advice, etc, in order to maintain the cross-pollination.  The ideawas to propitiate a collaborative design. The design process startedat 3:30pm of the second day and it finished the next day. The first exercise of the third day was an organized tour of all the participants to observe the different process versions and then they had other 30 minutes to finish their work. The choosing of the "best" version was easy. Each group chose a delegate and the group of delegates evaluated the different versions around some predefined evaluation criteria. After that, we organized the participants in 5 groups in order to prioritize the issues that they considered critical to facilitate the implementation of the new process based on the following aspects: structural changes, new mindsets, attitudes and skills, and new tools required. We close the event with a conversation in small groups to share what they learned, followed by a huge celebration.
Theevent was a total success. The group reached the goals and the people enjoyed and learned a lotabout how to collaborate at work.
I am very grateful for the help I got.
Regards,
Agustín