[OSList] Books!

Suzanne Daigle via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Aug 29 10:56:10 PDT 2015

Ditto to the books everyone has mentioned including the extensive list that
Daniel just gave.

I bought all of Harrison's books over the years and love the nuanced
repetition of them. Like good friends I can pick them up and let myself go
deep or dance at the surface.

The interesting thing about Open Space is that it has also opened up a love
of learning and being that is boundless and diverse. A being in life that
makes me want to learn and discover in so many arenas and most especially
organizational transformation, self-management and self-organizing at work.

When it comes to Organizational Self-Management, I would vouch for:

Beyond Empowerment: the Age of the Self-Managed Organization
<http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Empowerment-The-Self-Managed-Organization/dp/0615470149>
by Doug Kirkpatrick

Reinventing Organizations
<http://www.amazon.com/Reinventing-Organizations-Frederic-Laloux/dp/2960133501/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440869958&sr=8-1&keywords=reinventing+organizations>
by Frederic Laloux

The Living Company
<http://www.amazon.com/Living-Company-Arie-Geus/dp/1578518202/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870007&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Living+Company>
by Arie De Geus

Stewardship: Choosing Service over Self-Interest
<http://www.amazon.com/Stewardship-Choosing-Service-Over-Self-Interest/dp/160994822X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870130&sr=8-1&keywords=stewardship+peter+block>
by Peter Block

It is through Open Space that I discovered:

Global Mindchange
<http://www.amazon.com/Global-Mind-Change-Promise-Century/dp/1576750299/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870248&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Global+Mindchange>
by Willis Harman

And also became a life student of Joseph Campbell (mythology, ritual, etc).
Below a wonderful introduction to the man

The Wisdom of Joseph Campbell
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Wisdom-of-Joseph-Campbell/dp/B0009RQP94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870315&sr=8-4&keywords=Joseph+Campbell+in+audio>
(interviews with Joseph Campbell and Michael Toms)

Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth with Bill Moyers
<http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Campbell-Power-Myth-Moyers/dp/B000PF0FKA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870315&sr=8-11&keywords=Joseph+Campbell+in+audio>

And finally this to be savored slowly, helping me learn to let go:

Do Nothing and Do Everything
<http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Campbell-Power-Myth-Moyers/dp/B000PF0FKA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1440870315&sr=8-11&keywords=Joseph+Campbell+in+audio>
written
and illustrated by QiQuang Zhao

Suzanne (Thank you Harold for opening this special space)

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group

FL 941-359-8877
Cell: 203-722-2009
www.nufocusgroup.com
s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
Twitter @Daiglesuz

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Daniel Mezick via OSList <