[OSList] Books!

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Aug 26 08:57:51 PDT 2015

I think and feel that the SPIRIT book needs to be at the top of the
book-list: circa 1985 right? The current home is....
http://www.openspaceworld.com/Spirit.pdf
"...I must warn you, this is a very difficult book." - from the Foreword

It seems like the PDF-books on OST are a category. Here are a few of the
links I know of, for convenience (Harold.)

I hereby apologize for missing anyone who currently offers an HTML or
PDF book about OST online: here are a few (very interesting!) titles
freely available I know of now, in HTML and PDF formats:

SPIRIT: DEVELOPMENT and TRANSFORMATION IN ORGANIZATIONS. Author:
Harrison Owen.
http://www.openspaceworld.com/Spirit.pdf

THE TAO OF HOLDING SPACE. Author: Chris Corrigan
http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot/the-tao-of-holding-space/

A BRIEF USERS GUIDE TO OPEN SPACE. Author: Harrison Owen
http://www.openspaceworld.com/users_guide.htm

(paper that reads like a book...)
TOOLS FOR OPENING SPACE: A COLLECTION OF OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY
RESOURCES. Author: Peggy Holman
http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ToolsForOpeningSpace.pdf

(short article)
ENGAGING EMERGENCE: Turning upheaval into opportunity. Author: Peggy Holman
http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/211001pkSystems-Thinkerarticle.pdf

(full text of book on the web)
ENGAGING EMERGENCE: Turning upheaval into opportunity. Author: Peggy Holman
http://peggyholman.com/papers/engaging-emergence/

Thanks to Harold for pulling this book list together.

Regards,
Daniel

On 8/25/15 6:38 PM, Harold Shinsato via OSList wrote:
> Hello Open Space Community!
>
> Will you help me with some learning resource recommendations for those
> either new to, or already practicing Open Space? This is to help
> update some of the book resources we have right now on various Open
> Space websites.
>

> 1) What books/videos/etc. do you know of that reference or teach about
> Open Space heavily.
>
> 2) What books/videos/etc. that don't reference Open Space directly -
> but never-the-less - have been valuable assets in your Open Space
> Practice.
>
> 3) Optional - a sentence or so about each recommendation?
>
> 4) Are you willing to have your words in item 3 listed on an Open
> Space website - either anonymously, or with your name and a like to a
> personal website?
>

> This seems like a useful conversation to have on a regular basis - and
> I'm looking forward to learning about books, CD's, etc. that would be
> good to have on my reading list. It's also likely your recommendations
> will go on the Open Space Institute's U.S. website. In the future -
> hopefully we can turn this into an easy wiki-like system anyone can
> add to - so it can be a living breathing resource. But for now, we can
> kick it off with a manual update.
>
>     Thanks!
>     Harold
>
> --