[OSList] Authority Distribution in Open Space

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Oct 15 16:08:27 PDT 2014

Harrison,

A deep bow of gratitude for your thoughts around the patronizing quality
of "empowerment" as well as the rich questions raised in your response
to Daniel.

Thank you for this quote "...if we understand OST simply to be an
invitation to maximize the ongoing process of Self Organization - the
basics are already in place and fully operational..."

You say *the basics* are already in place. That seems to imply that
using OST (for now at least) is helping us get beyond the basics. Is
there anything else that helps us get beyond the basics for Self Organizing?

Also, to your statement "When there's a will (desire/care), there's
almost inevitably a way." Whose will? Is it the "will" of the
Group/Organization as a whole?

So despite the duly authorized say so of the Boss/Sponsor (or lack
thereof), if the "will" of the Group is to do something, it will find a
way. Could we better consider "Sponsor" support as the "will" of the
Group? And if the will of the Group is at odds with the Boss's will, how
do we tell when it'll be ok/safe/legal to run OST despite the Boss "just
saying no"?

     Thanks!
     Harold