[OSList] Private vs Public OST Differences?

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Oct 17 11:38:02 PDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I'm confused now, and so I believe I am about to learn something new
here... I'll know by your answers to these questions:

What are the minimum essentials of Open Space structure? For example,
are the following elements necessary at all?

 1. Sponsor
 2. Theme
 3. Invitation in advance, referring to Theme
 4. Opening Circle
 5. Facilitator
 6. Explanation of the 1Law/ 5Principles
 7. Posters
 8. Closing Circle
 9. Timely Proceedings
10. Sponsor commitment to follow though on Proceedings

If these are not essential to structure, why not? If so, why so?

Thanks for your help! Very Eager to hear your (hopefully /detailed/)
answers!

Daniel