[OSList] Anne Stadler... Research "stigmergy",

John Baxter via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 30 22:02:01 PST 2014

... you could look at it that way Daniel.

The 'indirect' bit is key.  'Indirect' means we are not directing messages
to one another.  The Collabforge group focus specifically on environmental
manipulation and context-specific messaging.  OSList is probably too grey
to demonstrate the concept.

Maybe if it was a forum then it would be a better example?

Or perhaps, when I respond to you, it is a non-stigmergic message to you,
but the 'incidental' engagement of others that promotes a response from
them, that demonstrates stigmergy?

Some of the things that happen in our coworking space are more clear cut.
Posting a message to the FB group about cleaning the fridge does not
leverage stigmergy.  Leaving a piece of tape with a message on people's
food that "this will be thrown out on Wednesday!" demonstrates stigmergy.

Unfortunately, this feels clouder now than when I started writing.  Oh
well.  I am probably learning.

Cheers

*John Baxter*
*Cocreation Consultant & ​Co​Create Adelaide Facilitator*
jsbaxter.com.au <http://www.jsbaxter.com.au/> | CoCreateADL.com
0405 447 829
​ | ​
@jsbaxter_ <http://twitter.com/jsbaxter_>

*Thank you to everyone who came, helped or spread the good word about City
Grill!*
*Summary and links: cocreateadl.com/localgov/grill-summary/
<http://cocreateadl.com/localgov/grill-summary/>*

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Daniel Mezick via OSList <