[OSList] Anne Stadler... Research "stigmergy",

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 30 10:01:53 PST 2014

Anne - I did have to chuckle when you took Dan to the Woodshed. J His use of
the word "stigmergy" set me back a bit too. Particularly since I pride
myself on my vocabulary, but that one got me. I did fail the course. I could
see the roots, and guess the meaning, but it really was foreign territory.
And then I remembered Ants, and E O Wilson's marvelous large tome on the
subject, "Superorganism." I read it cover to cover twice. Truthfully I
learned more about ants than I ever wanted to know - but along the way I
found myself entranced by the elegant power of self organization as it
manifest in some of our smaller neighbors. And if Ants can do it, By God -
we can too!

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854

301-365-2093

Summer Address

189 Beaucaire Ave.

Camden, ME 04843

207-763-3261

Websites

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com

OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
OSLIST Go
to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org