[OSList] Summer research project idea: 'self organisation'

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 30 09:02:01 PST 2014

!! SORRY FOR SHOUTING !!

I like this topic with which I shall shortly engage, but first a word
from your techie list manager.

If you receive digests and you hit *REPLY*, every single message from
the digest will be included in your reply and there is a very good
chance your post will not get through because of size. PLEASE after you
hit reply consider trimming all the unnecessary stuff from the digest.
This is also true for threads that get exceptionally long. Best to trim
all the repetition. We don't want to start pushing huge emails through
to 800 email boxes. The OSLIST could start being tagged as a spammer, as
well as potentially jamming up other peoples boxes so they run out of
space. Also - if you get digests - consider changing the subject back to
the message you are responding to. It is not just kinder to the current
readers, but it also makes your input easier to find for posterity.

!! THANKS AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING !!!

Thank you Anne for starting this particular angle of the topic of
self-organizing! I'm so grateful for the Spirited Work you did for years
and how much it has influenced this community. I'm also grateful that
you have highlighted how OST makes it easier to learn our own
self-authorization. I'm appreciating more and more how much authority is
a key piece in understanding how OST works, and how to better apply OST
with are more conscious awareness of what authority is and how it works.

Daniel - I confess I've not studied Stigmergy in detail - but it looks
interesting (which at least from my perspective, if you point something
out it usually offers great value for me as a topic worthy of further
study). But I especially like your conversation and, *meditation*, on
music. It fits so well some of the unnecessary strains I see in our
community frequently. I'm not a big fan of jargon - but there is
something beautiful in the general whole experience of music separate
from the consciousness of the details, how it works, the vibrations,
etc. And there's also something wonderful in recognizing the detailed
mathematics.

A philosopher/physical-therapist/cranial sacral practitioner who like me
has studied African drumming - recounted a story of an east Indian
musician who came up to a muscian and communicated appreciation of the
person's playing by saying "I really enjoyed your calculations".

There's a joke about the Buddha asking a street vendor to "Make me one
with everything". I'm waiting in SLC waiting for my next flight,
remembering reading a Buddhist magazine (Shambala Sun) on the first leg
of my journey. It is interesting reading the *detailed* distinctions
available in Buddhist thinking for consciousness, some of which might
seem like "jargon". But I found the distinctions from the articles by
Thich Nat Hahn and others very useful.

No question - Jargon can be divisive. I remember walking with classmates
in college where a few of us were computer geeks. It was like we were
talking a foreign language. And yet, it's not like our language is mere
buzzwords and posing and looking important. If you've witnessed this,
there's great joy in geek fluency - if extreme annoyance in those who
hear all the jargon.

One last word on this - although many really great practitioners may not
be able to talk about what they do because they're unconsciously
competent and maybe even brilliant - these brilliant practitioners make
terrible coaches. Because they don't understand the distinctions they
have coded in their brains well enough to communicate those distinctions
to others. They can't teach. I hope we can keep the space open for those
who like to ask WHY - and maybe use technical language in the process of
communicating what we find.

     Blessings!
     Harold

P.S. Skye - thanks for the brilliance of your work and I loved the
videos of vibrations! Imagine if we could start seeing and growing with
science healthy brain vibrations.

--
Harold Shinsato
harold at shinsato.com <mailto:harold at shinsato.com>