[OSList] How to escape education's death valley

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Nov 13 05:46:27 PST 2014

Manuel,

Yes, and you may have seen the "hole in the wall" video, where kids in
slums in India self-organize around learning, without any supervision at
all. "Explainer" roles emerge, and the thing advances beautifully.
Without any adults....(TED talk...)
http://www.ted.com/talks/sugata_mitra_shows_how_kids_teach_themselves?language=en

The title of the talk is "Outdoctrination", skip to 6:30 it gets really
good there.

See also: a confirmation of "High Play"
http://www.life.ca/lifelearning/1006/curriculum_of_play_by_John_Taylor_Gatto.htm

Daniel

On 11/13/14 3:28 AM, Manuel Marrese via OSList wrote:
> Folks,
> for those of you who don't know Ken Robinson I'd like to invite you to
> take some time on this video
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX78iKhInsc. I see lots of connections
> with open space and the kind of reasoning going on in this group.
> To tell you my person opinion, I am so much into Open space that I
> would push the education system even further, where children could
> apply the law of two feet beautifully and creatively and let them go
> where their interests push them. But I guess we have to wait a bit
> more for that.
> Anyway there is some good thoughts about control and learning that are
> worth listening to. and most of all it's fun. enjoy it!
> manuel
> *Manuel Marrese*
> *Mob: +39 3403424327*
> *Skype: manuel.marrese*
> *genius**loci *
>
> *facilitation & development*
>
> Office:
> Via A.Volta 6 - 20121 Milano -- Italy
> *loci.it * <http://www.loci.it/>-- <mailto:info at loci.it>*e-mail
> <mailto:info at loci.it> *
>
> /**/
> /*Please consider the environment before deciding to print this
> e-mail*//**/
>

> This e-mail (and any attachment(s)) is strictly confidential and for
> use only by intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended
> recipient(s), please notify it via e-mail at artvision at loci.it
> <http://loci.it/>promptly

Daniel Mezick, President

New Technology Solutions Inc.