[OSList] Open Space and Holacracy

Dan Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Tue Mar 4 11:28:32 PST 2014

The LawOf2Feet is always active, right?!?

Some (most) of the folks at work "virtually walk away" in their mind, every day, leaving only the body...to EMbody the state of:

dis engagement.

Disengagement =

Lack of Passion +
Lack of Responsibility

To create disengagement, make everything (especially your meetings) mandatory.

That will do it.

To create engagement, issue genuine invitations, and respectfully give folks enough time to think it over.

I see it over and over again, in the Agile space: mandated process change. "Mandated collaboration" if you will.

It's a surefire way to mess up something perfectly good!

The world is self-organizing; let's see what develops.

Daniel

But wait, there's more:

Mandated Collaboration Explained
http://newtechusa.net/agile/mandated-agile-part2/