[OSList] From linkedin today

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 12:29:53 PST 2014

Hi Harrison,

Thank you for your answer

What do you mean exactely with the law of 2 feet ? I mean, if it's the only
way to make decisions, isn't it another way of keeping unabalnced
relationship? For instance, for me, having strategic meeting starting at 5
or 6pm is unfair because it makes those in charge of families to have to
struggle with balancing work/family issues. Anoter example : during the
open space I facilitated with women in politics, I heard stories about how
difficult political decisions are made : very often, discussion last for
hours and hours, throughout day and night. Often it ends in a bar, with
alcoool and cigars, and the agreement is reached in the middle of the
night. Those women say :" if you want to be someone in politics, you have
to behave like this, even as we, as women, pight not like it as much as men
seem to like it".  Other examples of decision with law of two feet for me
are the negociation with trade unions : you know that the first who leave
the table, even if it is avec 72hours of non-stop negociation, will loose.
 Well, although those are way of making decisions, are they "fair" ? Isn't
it logical that we try to have different processses for different
situations and that we try to make them explicit ?

christine

<http://christine-koehler.fr/2013/formation-de-levenement-au-processus-avril-2013/>