[OSList] self-organization

Marie Ann Östlund marieann.ostlund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 15:21:27 PST 2014

Thank you for that Daniel. Little did suspect that Thomas Paine would
figure in the discussions. :) He first tried to articulate his ideas in
England, with less success than in what later became the USA. He was too
radical for Britain of the time, and he's views in the quotes were
certainly influenced by his experiences there. We are creatures of habit,
and certainly creatures of the societies we're of.

Commerce was then seen as a better regulator of human relations than
kings/government. Now when financial pressures/corporations are setting
much of the agenda for governments, power again needs to be democratized -
through social and communicative tools.

Marie Ann