[OSList] From linkedin today

Paul Nunesdea nunesdea at me.com
Mon Jan 6 13:51:06 PST 2014

Research shows that every time the size of a city doubles, innovation or productivity per resident increases by 15 percent. But when companies get bigger, innovation or productivity per employee generally goes down. So we're trying to figure out how to structure Zappos more like a city, and less like a bureaucratic corporation. In a city, people and businesses are self-organizing. We're trying to do the same thing by switching from a normal hierarchical structure to a system called Holacracy, which enables employees to act more like entrepreneurs and self-direct their work instead of reporting to a manager who tells them what to do.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pam-ross/workplace-reinvention_b_4541805.html#!

From my iPad