[OSList] From linkedin today

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Jan 7 11:27:44 PST 2014

Paul - This piece from Zappos is interesting indeed. Though I must say I do
wonder why the Zapposites feel it necessary to organize a self organizing
system? As they say, "In a city, people and businesses are self-organizing."
I agree, and why not just follow the beaten path? Holarchy is a wonderful
concept, and a good description of what I think I experience in a self
organizing system. But why go for a knock-off when you can have the
original? Just let (invite) the system to self organize. It will work
better, and costs a lot less effort. As Stuart Kauffman might say, "order
for free."

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: