[OSList] Open Space and boundaries

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:25:17 PDT 2014

Dear Hege,
your note brought smiles to my old face!

I dont trust the principles of Open Space, however, they have always
seemed useful in real life and in my introduction at the beginning of an
OST event....

Even though I dont trust selforganisation either, I have seen pretty
amazing things happening when it fully unfolds.
So I concentrate on helping the sponsor to see whether the prerequisites
for an OST event (expanding the space for selforganisation) are in
place, from his vantage point.

What are "real boundaries"? Can you imagine the selforganisation-forces
being impressed by any kind of boundary?

In this - purely hypothetical - case, a whole bunch of things (of which
you describe a number) are hypothetically possible.
Looking back at the 171 events I have been involved in, none of them
seemed to have been needed for the decision by the sponsor to embark on
an os event or not.

Have a great day in Brattvåg,
greetings from Berlin
mmp